The Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment is committed to taking an active leadership role in occupational health and safety throughout New Zealand. We are doing this in a variety of ways, through a range of projects and initiatives.
- The development of the Workplace Health and Safety Strategy over the next year will be a key initiative that demonstrates the Department's leadership of the sector.
- The Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment provides secretariat support to the National
Occupational Health and Safety Advisory Committee (NOHSAC).
- A new research joint venture between the Health Research Council and the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment will address major knowledge gaps identified
by NOHSAC and other key stakeholders, particularly in relation to occupational
- Workplace Support Contact Centre -
With the assistance of additional funding announced in the 2004 Budget,
this contact centre will provide a single contact point for customers
who need fast, reliable, practical information and assistance on workplace
matters including employment relations and occupational health and safety.
The contact centre will build on the success of the Employment Relations
Infoline and will be open 8am. to 8pm. Monday to Friday and till 1pm.
Saturday. The expanded centre is expected to open in the second quarter
- Responding to the recommendations from the Ministerial
Inquiry into the Management of Certain Hazardous Substances (pdf file [size:
- Hazardous Substances
The Ministry is working with ERMA and the Ministry for the Environment to identify the best ways to inform employers and employees of their obligations under this Act.
- 'Special Investigators' Reality TV Series